Are you planning for your very first-hand surfing? And you have no idea which body surfing hand boards are to pick up for yourself?
It is quite normal to find yourself at a loss, especially if this is your first purchase with hand boards. There are plenty of options and properties to choose from.
But fear not here! Check out our list of premium bodysurfing hand boards. Here, you will find a variety of hand boards suited to your requirements and level of experience.
What is Hand Board for Body Surfing?
If we talk about body surfing then there are various types of supporting stuff. So as like other supporting stuff, a hand board is also one kind of supporting stuff for body surfing.
Compared to Bodyboards or fish boards, they are slightly different in shape and size. Usually, a hand board looks almost like a surfing board but it’s relatively Smaller than a surfing board.
How to Care For A Hand board?
After each use in saltwater, your hand board should be washed with normal water immediately.
Lish swivels should be thoroughly washed around any fabric and hand strap attachments. Allow it to dry but keep it away from the sun and it cannot be kept in your heated car day after day.
If you hang the hand board to keep it good and you have a coiling leash, coil it to tighten the ringed part around a dowel and prevent the leash from loosening over time. Tightly pad the bag and board when traveling.
Best for Advanced Level of Surfing: GoFloats Body Surfing Hand Plane/Handboard
Are you planning on deep surfing away from the shore? Also, want to keep things very compact and comfortable?
GoFloats Body Surfing Hand Plane will be perfect for your requirements. It is an exceptionally useful hand plane both in size and service.
Best for Beginners: Slyde Grom Soft Top Body Surfing Handboard/Handplane
Slyde Grom Soft Top Body Surfing Handboard is an exceptionally designed hand plane for beginners. As a beginner, you won’t find it hard even for a moment. It will be fun, full of adventure, and easy to learn.
Best for Professionals: FCS HYDRO Body Surfer Pro Handboard
Hydro body surfer is an advanced level pro-Handboard for professionals. You can pull some amazing stunts with this Handboard away from the beach and meet the heavy waves with confidence.
Best for Beginners to Intermediate Surfers: SLYDE Wedge Body Surfing Handboards/Handplane
Specially designed for the comfort and flexibility of rookie-level surfers. It is extremely vibrant in action and very satisfying, to begin with.
Best for Surfers of all Ages: THURSO SURF Slash Handboard BodySurfing Hand Plane
An extremely fun and incredible Handboard for surfers of all ages. Anyone with a minimum to advanced level of surfing experience and indifferent of gender can successfully ride on this hand plane.
Best for Superior Lifting: WAW Badfish Body surfing Hand boards
We know anyone wants to catch the waves of utmost height and force. This beautifully designed WAW Bad fish bodysurfing Handplane is of ultimate efficiency and speed.
Best for Professionals: Salt Creek Palmboards-The Classic
Salt creek palm boards – The Classic is made to define the advanced surfing of the professionals. It is a heavy-duty Handboard and can withstand any harsh uses.
Top 7 Body Surfing hand board Reviews
Now, you’re going to learn about the selected body surfing hand boards with their proper detail and features. So, let’s dig in.
1. GoFloats Body Surfing Hand Plane/Handboard
It’s here! GoFloats Body Surfing Hand Plane/Handboard offers you an epic journey of bodysurfing. You can enjoy more time on the water with sharp lifts, speed, and joy.
The GoFloats Body Surfing Handboard ensures a safe and farther body surfing experience, at the same time preventing saltwater erosion.
Surfers with beginners to the professional level of surfing experience can smoothly surf with this hand plane. It also comes in beautiful packaging that you can use as a beautiful gift pack for anyone.
- Adaptable Strap: There are adjustable straps on this hand plane. It can fit anyone of any size.
- Fast and Faraway: This body surfing hand plane can take you anywhere from the shore and make it faster for you.
- Fully Waterproof: It is made of composite plastic, designed to withstand corrosion from the saltwater of any level.
- Compact Size: With the flexible and comfortable size it has, you can take it anywhere with you easily zipped in your backpack.
Pros & Cons
- Durable and waterproof.
- Easily portable.
- Prevents decay from saltwater.
- Budget-friendly and suitable for surfers of any level.
- Designed for advanced-level surfing.
- Some adults may find it small in size.
2. Slyde Grom Soft Top Body Surfing Handboard/Handplane
Live the moment you want to live with Slyde Grom Soft Top Body Surfing Handboard. Slyde has been always trying to make your adventure more exciting and vivid.
Even if you are a beginner and trying to catch up with hand boards, Slyde From Soft Top Body Surfing is a very flexible hand plane for regular practice from the scratch.
It will turn your body surfing lessons into something remarkable. Although it is built keeping the beginners in mind, professionals love the seamless design, higher buoyant and flexible shape.
- Super Efficient Construction: The 19*10 inches Handboard is a high-performance surfing accessory for beginners to professionals.
- Premium Buoyant Foam Core: With highly durable construction, comes the extremely buoyant core of the foam. It is comfortable, at the same time highly productive.
- Comfortable and Adhesive Grip: Even if you are at a novice level of surfing, you can still have adventures like a pro with its amazingly soft and extra sticky grip.
- Easy to Use: It will only take a few days for you to learn to mount on this Slyde grom. It is designed with extra patience for any gender and surfer with any skill level.
Pros & Cons
- Easy to learn.
- Specially designed for beginners’ ease.
- Lightweight and fun to learn.
- Safe for surfers of any age and gender.
- Portable and highly durable.
- Some may find it expensive.
3. FCS HYDRO Body Surfer Pro Handboard
Professional and advanced surfers find the body surfer pro by FCS Hydro incredibly reliable and satisfying. Anyone who is looking for a bonus trip kilometers away from the shore can undeniably have this Handboard.
Hydro has always been focused on delivering premium-level surfing accessories to ocean enthusiasts. Their previous long and short surfing boards are still on the top chart of many professional surfers.
This time, they have nailed it with surfer pro hand boards also. The quality finish with durable construction is a game-changer for many. Surfers are in love with the beauty and performance of Hydro BodySurfer Pro.
- Durable Design: Plastic materials used in Hydro Pro Handboard are molded of solid polypropylene. It is extremely durable and can serve a heavy-duty purpose.
- Velcro Strap: There are heavy-duty velcro straps in this Handboard that can manage the heaviest flow of waves.
- Lightweight: It weighs only 0.18 Kg. It is extremely easy to carry anywhere you want. Besides, the size of this amount also makes sure you get the easiest portability.
- Unisex: Whether you are a woman or man, you can drive it with extreme fun. The ocean blue design is suited for people of any gender.
Pros & Cons
- Good value for money.
- Durable and sturdy design.
- Made for all genders.
- Lightweight and easily portable.
- Professional level surfing board.
- Not recommended for beginners.
4. SLYDE Wedge Body Surfing Handboards /Handplane
Hand boards surfing has always been an exciting means of sport. Add more spices to it with the Slyde Wedge Body Surfing Handboard. It is a piece of art in the realm of surfing hand boards.
Slyde Wedge Body Surfing Handboard is an ‘everyday hand board’ taking care of 90% of your ventures in water. Once you have ridden on it, you will madly wish for the rest of the 10% also.
It is a smartly designed hand plane for beginners and intermediate surfers. And can take your hand boards surfing experience to a whole new level. Professionals can manage this Handboard extremely well too.
- Quality Materials: Slyde Wedge Body Surfing board is made of quality materials. It can serve you with a lifelong adventure of fun and reliability.
- Greater Control: With the high manufacturing construction, you can ride for more lifts and make smooth rides. You can gain more control over it.
- Easy to Use: Although it is specially designed for beginners and medium-level surfers, professionals can enjoy its overall maneuvers. It is very easy to learn and control.
- UltraPortable: Because of the size and construction of it, you will find it very easy to move and fit for long travel.
Pros & Cons
- Smart and attractive appearance.
- Easy to use and learn.
- Comfortable for surfers of any level.
- Never faded graphic design.
- Comes with added strength and buoyant.
- Some may find it expensive.
5. THURSO SURF Slash Handboard BodySurfing Hand Plane
Have some ultimate fun with Thurso Surf Slash Handboard. It is the material of extreme fun and reliability.
Be it for kids or adults, male or female this bodysurfing hand plane is made for everybody. Anyone with the zest of surfing can have an amazing time with this board.
Surf with this Handboard with 100% satisfaction and quality. When you are out with it in the sea, you will know there is no regret.
- Ultimate Fun: Thurso Surf Slash is an extreme surf gear for your lifetime fun and adventure.
- Quality Materials: This board is made of quality polyethylene materials for utmost service and durability. This strong configuration offers you more speed, buoyancy, and flexibility.
- Made for All: Its ergonomic size makes it quite sufficient for surfers of any gender and any experience.
- Durable Wrist Wrap Leash: It comes with a unique wrist wrap leash that guarantees your Handboard will never get lost in the sea.
Pros & Cons
- A suitable design for all.
- Lightweight and comfortable.
- Durable construction with PE.
- A good value for the money.
- Guarantees safety and strong grip.
- Some have reported the leash was missing in the long process of shipping.
6. WAW Badfish Bodysurfing Handplane
Want to contribute to something exceptional? Here is WAW Bad fish Body surfing hand plane for you. It is made of recycled plastics from the sea, having zero effect on the environment.
In other words, the great barrier reefs of Australia are highly contributed by the manufacturing of WAW Bad fish hand planes.
It is a beautiful work by a group of environment lovers who made sure this hand plane keeps your body always on top of the water, not in it.
- Recycled Plastic: Clean the sea by using this Handboard. It is purely made from the waste plastics of the Australian reefs and serves a notable purpose to the environment.
- Easy to Use: Surfers are impressed by its smart and compact design. It is also very easy to learn and get over with.
- Superior Lift: As beautiful as it is, you will be impressed with the ultimate freedom in paddling. It also allows you to have superior lifts with higher speed and control.
- Long Surfing: It is designed to keep your body on top of water every time. There is no unnecessary drag and it will always be safer for you.
- High Portability: It is very compact. Anyone can easily travel with this hand board from different corners of the world.
Pros & Cons
- Comes with an adjustable bio rubber strap.
- Serves in a clean environment.
- Suitable for beginners to professionals.
- Beautiful design and appearance.
- Eliminates any sudden drag.
- Some adults may find it smaller.
7. Salt Creek Palmboards-The Classic
Define your class with salt creek palm boards. We know how important it is for hand board surfers to have a hand plane of efficiency and performance.
Anybody surfing hand plane wood won’t do. Here is a salt creek palm board for you. It is made of quality and efficiency.
Manufacturers made sure there remains the enrichment of modernism in this board. It is the updated version of the former classic hand planes.
- Strong and Sturdy: It is of high value to the fun of surfing. Made of durable materials, it is built to last till the end.
- A Complete Package: It is not just a hand plane, you will also have 2 straps of different sizes for hand, and 1 wrist leash with the hand plane itself.
- Highly Customized: It is highly customized for the ease and comfort to withstand the hardship of hardboard surfing.
- 100% Buoyant: It is entirely buoyant and even if you lose it in the middle of the sea, the wrist leash will make sure you get it back.
Pros & Cons
- Made for efficiency.
- Suitable for professionals.
- Fully retrievable if lost.
- High performance with classic design.
- Made to withstand any heavy-duty.
- May seem smaller to many.
How to Choose the Right Body Surfing Hand Board?
For choosing the right bodysurfing hand board we have to follow some guidance, as like
For choosing the right one, we have to be conscious about the size as it is the most considerable factor for surfing hand board.
By this, we can determine the quality of the surfboard. The buyer can see a variety of sized surfing boards. So only the buyer will buy the fit one according to his preference.
For choosing the right surfing board, one mainly looks for the board which has more durability and at the same time will give comfort to the user.
So in this case, the material of the surfing board should be lightly weighted so that the users can use it freely.
Nowadays, different types of materials are being used for the manufacturing of the surfing board including polyethylene, foam, wood, etc.
But among these materials, polyurethane will be best because this material has durability and The board will last long.
Which types of waves you are going to ride, is also one of the most important factors for choosing the board.
Usually, beginners ride against small waves, and in this case, the rider should use a board that has buoyancy.
Next, there are some other facts you have to consider before purchasing a bodysurfing hand board such as price, style, look, etc. Another thing to keep in mind is your level of surfing.
That means if you are a beginner then choose one that is suitable for beginners. Again the professional and intermediate surfers will choose differently.
Some Words Before you Buy a Body Surfing Hand Board?
Before buying a bodysurfing hand board, firstly I would like to suggest the buyers take enough time to search and research for the right surfing board.
Because there are many types of surfing boards, all can not be suitable for any particular individual. This is a subjective matter for the rider. He will choose according to his shape and preferences.
So in this case, you will check for buying whether the board is perfect according to your weight, height, wave types, and your preferences.
There are different sizes of surfing hand boards available and you have to pick one the suitable one from these collections.
Besides these, before buying the hand board, the rider should check the surface area, buoyancy. And which board is giving you the most comfortable and which board will be long-lasting.
How to Use a Hand Board for Body Surfing?
In this segment, I am going to describe how you can use a hand board. First, understand, the board moves over your hand, which makes the hand most comfortable in the front position and keeps the palm on the board.
The hand strap should fit warmly with very little or no play, and will not fall off when rotating your arm.
You can both swim with the usual strokes of swimming or place the hand board on the water. After that put your other hand on the top, and then extend to the front and kick with your swimming fins.
When a wave approaches, extend your hand with the board in front of you and kick hard to catch it;
A quick enough push is needed to stay in the right place to catch a wave but not too much – too fast and you will move away from the wave, but too slow and you will see the wave spinning over you.
When learning, go straight and don’t be anxious about getting off the line. Keep yourself prone, think of your body as a rigid surfboard, and set your fins as a rudder.
Now it’s your time to make the comparison. We have already recommended the 7 best bodysurfing hand boards of all time and reviewed them.
At first, we aimed at making a top 10 hand board review but later we found only 7 items completely suitable.
However, now it’s your turn to choose the ring hand board according to your level in this sport. Don’t forget to share your opinion with us.
Before leaving let’s have a look at another related article – paragon surfboards review