Bodyboards are more comfortable and flexible to ride on as an alternative to surfboards. However, what most of you might not know is, this mini version of surfboards is made with a specific weight limit. This is why searching for the best bodyboard for big guys may seem a tough job at first.
However, there is no need to worry. Many bodyboards are made with special requirements and configurations to fit the big boys. Anyone with plus size can experience amazing performance and surfing experience with the perfect bodyboards.
In this article, we will be helping you out with the Top 14 best bodyboards for big guys.
What is Bodyboarding?
Bodyboarding is an amazing form of sport and surfing. In this special form, surfers ride on a bodyboard, a mini version of long surfboards, on different parts of a wave.
The selected parts of a wave for bodyboarding are the face, chest, or the curl of high to medium waves. This specific maneuver helps the surfers to get toward the shore with the wave.
Bodyboarding is fun and exciting. With the right gear for bodyboarding, things become more manageable and comfortable for the surfers. People of any age and regardless of gender can have some amazing experiences with bodyboarding.
Bodyboarding is also an effective way to increase the muscular strength of your legs and arms. This practice can also improve your coordination skill and improve balance and concentration.
In a word, it is a beautiful way of exercise for an improved and healthy lifestyle.
Our Top Pick
Best for Special Structure: Bloo Tide 40″ Bodyboard
We’ll suggest this bodyboard if you are looking for a board with a strong and stable design. The structure with EPS core just made it perfect in different ways.
Best for getting More Buoyancy: Bo-Toys Lightweight Body Board
As this board provides more space in width and it is quite light in weight, it provides more buoyancy.
Best for Stability: BeachMall Ultimate Wavemaster Pro Bodyboard
Riders who love to swim on high waves with full control and stability should definitely get a WaveMaster bodyboard. It is smooth to operate, fast, and keeps you safe all the way.
Best for People of All Age: Goplus Super Lightweight Bodyboard
The GoPlus Super lightweight bodyboard can be of use in sea, beach or in the nearest pool around you. It is durable and suitable for kids, teenagers, and adults at the same time.
14 Best Bodyboard for Big Guys
Now we are heading toward the review segment. So, keep your eyes open.
1. Bo-Toys Lightweight Body Board
If you are looking for the best bodyboard for big guys with a stylish design, then I will first recommend Bo-Toys BodyBoard. This red color and 38” board come with an EPS core and sufficient durability.
With Heat lamination Technology, this board provides enough buoyancy. Additionally, it is quite lightweight and it has 60/40 rails. So, it allows you to have more maneuverability for sure.
- Size: The board is around 33 inches in length, 18 inches in width and 2.2 inches in thickness.
- Materials: High-Density Polyethylene material is used to form this board in general. Also, it has multiple channels and a crescent tail at the bottom.
- Leash: this board comes with a Pro-Quality leash asl. The leash is again attached with a wristband that will eventually keep the board nearby.
- Variations in Color: You can get this board with different bright colors including red, blue, pink, and weight. The design is also quite nice to look at.
Pros & Cons
2. Wavestorm 40″ Bodyboard 2-Pack
The second one is from Wavestore and it is a sister company of another popular board maker Bloo Tide. This 40 inches longboard from Wavestone is quite stable and provides enough buoyancy.
With a global team of designers, the manufacturer builds this bodyboard with enough EPS Core and durable material. It is almost perfect for surfers of any age. You will also get it in different colors and designs.
- Material: It is almost built with Superior Grade EPS foam core with an HDPE high impact bottom part. It also has a patented graphic top deck skin.
- Size and Weight: It comes with a length of 40 to 42.5 inches and the width is 22 inches in approximate size. The board is also very lightweight.
- Paddle: This board comes with a very adjustable SUP/Kayak paddle and the foot paddle is easy to remove as well.
- Leash: You will get a pre-installed leash. You can eventually remove or adjust the leash anytime you want.
Pros & Cons
3. Bloo Tide 40″ Bodyboard
Bloo Tide has brought an amazing bodyboard that generally provides a complete water sports experience. All the bodyboards of this manufacturer are meticulously designed to provide enough fun and enjoyment to the surfers.
This board comes with a pre-installed leash plug and the leash is removable as well. Besides, there is 2 soft foam that makes the board more comfortable and durable too.
- Size: This amazing board is almost 40 inches in length, 20.2 inches in width, and 2.81 inches in height.
- Lightweight: It is quite lightweight and won’t be more than 1.8 lbs.
- Weight Capacity: You don’t need bords with more weight capacity than this one as it can hold almost 180 lbs.
- Superior Buoyancy: Because of its extra width and lightweight structure, this board provides superior buoyancy.
Pros & Cons
4. Goplus Super Lightweight Bodyboard with EPS Core
Next, it is another budget-friendly option for those who are looking for Bodyboards with EPS core.
Goplus is the manufacturer of this board and it comes with the super durable HDPE Slick Bottom. Additionally, you will get this board in 5 different bright colors.
This lightweight bodyboard comes with the most perfect size measurement and that’s why it is suitable for both kids, teens, and adults.
Also, it is handy in design and the width is quite large so that surfers of any age can use it perfectly. It also provides enough stability and buoyancy.
- Measurement: You will get this board with different size measurements. It starts from 37” x 19” x 2.36″ and the final size is 41” x 20” x 2.36″ inches in total.
- Quality Materials: With all durable materials, this board provides smooth and long-lasting performance. It comes with an XPE deck and an HDPE slick bottom.
- Structure: The bodyboard generally comes with 60/40 rails, a crescent tail, and rear channels. So, it is suitable for all kinds of waves
- Lightweight: This board is quite light in weight and it won’t be more than 1.7 lbs/2 lbs. Also, it can hold from 122 to 188 lbs easily.
Pros & Cons
5. GYN Legendary Pro X Bodyboard
Bodyboards are terribly fun and exciting if you have the right ones. It is not very unusual to face messy maintenance issues with low-quality bodyboards.
However, you won’t feel any problem with GYN Trade Pro X Bodyboard. Let’s discuss why.
- Heat Seal: The Pro X Bodyboard is heat-sealed avoiding glue. It offers more durability and lengthy service.
- Lightweight: The hard slick bottom is comparatively lightweight, meaning better control and maneuverability.
- Crescent Tail: We all know crescent is the best configuration for bodyboards. With other features associated, you can cut through waves smoothly with the pro X Bodyboard.
- Suitable for Anyone: Riders with any skill set, from beginners to professionals can ride on this Bodyboard due to its quality and sturdy construction.
- Comes With Leash: With our Pro X Bodyboard, you will also get a detachable wrist retention leash.
Pros & Cons
6. BeachMall Ultimate Wavemaster Pro Bodyboard
WaveMaster series by the BeachMall is designed to deliver high performance, speed, projection, and longevity.
Both knee riders and prone riders can ride on this beautiful Bodyboard with maximum stability. It is durable, water-resistant, and extremely lightweight offering better control.
- Crescent Tail: The Wavemasters Crescent shape tail offers amazing tube riding for any level of riders.
- Heat Sealing Bond: The bodyboard is sealed with the heat-sealing bond. It is more durable and offers better sustainability.
- High-Density EPS Core: It is made of high-density EPS core, super polymeric chains suitable both for cold and warm water.
- Lightweight: It is only 3lbs in weight, very comfortable to operate and maneuver with increased speed and strength.
- Safe and Easy: The grip rail offers a safe place for riders. While they hold on tightly, increased speed won’t be a problem at all.
Pros & Cons
7. Goplus Super Lightweight Bodyboard
Let your kids enjoy the sea waves with the quality Goplus Bodyboard. It is known best for providing extreme durability, reduced friction, and ultralight weight.
Even if you need to cover a long distance, carrying this bodyboard won’t be a problem at all. It is available both for kids and adults. You can easily manage it and ride on this beauty.
- Quality Materials: This board is made of EPS core, HDPE skin bottom, and XPE polyethylene foam. All these features help to maintain proper stability and strength.
- Lightweight: The Bodyboard weighs only 1.7 lbs to 2 lbs only. Compared to the size and weight, the Goplus bodyboards are very easy and consistent to control.
- Proper Ratio: The bodyboard follows a proper ratio of 60/40 rails, and has rear channels with a durable crescent tail.
- High Buoyancy and Safe Control: This Goplus bodyboard offers excellent buoyancy and is capable of bearing a high load. It offers a safe maneuver with a better leash and improved wrist design.
Pros & Cons
8. Custom X Titan XPE Crescent Tail Bodyboard
Increase your wave experience with Custom X Titan XPE Crescent Tail Bodyboard. With this tail bodyboard, it is just the beginning for you in your exploration of the vast sea.
Optimal performance is always ensured with the proven quality template of the Titan XPE. There is almost every useful feature present in the XPE crescent that you might find interesting in the premium tail bodyboards.
- Premium Quality: The board is made of premium quality surlyn slick bottom. The plastic surlyn slick is considered to be one of the finest materials for bodyboard slicks. These boards are never going to break or wear out.
- Multiple Use: The Titan XPE Crescent Tail can be used as a prone bodyboard and a drop knee bodyboard as well. It offers both robustness and speed with better maneuverability.
- Double Rails: Other features include a 50/50 template and double rails at 60/40. This rail ratio offers improved grip and better bites in different waves.
- Value for Money: You are getting what you have asked for. Trust me, all these quality features within such a moderate budget are a fair catch for anyone.
Pros & Cons
9. Morey Cruiser Body Board
Morey Cruiser Bodyboard is made for your perfection. This is a solid entry-level bodyboard with the ultimate grip and ideal body balance.
With the streamlined shape it offers, it delivers ultimate speed and accuracy over high waves like butter.
- Full Size: The Morey Cruiser board is a 42.5 inches full-size bodyboard. It weighs only 1 kg, light enough to do the big job.
- Perfect for Beginners: It is very easy to control and maneuver, making it one of the best choices for beginners and intermediate surfers.
- Useful Features: Some of the useful features this bodyboard has are custom deck contours, crescent tail, IXL top skin, and HDPE bottom skin with a streamlined shape.
- Phuzion Core: The durable Phuzion Core makes it more durable and flexible against high to medium waves and increases your sea time.
Pros & Cons
10. Morey Mach 7 Bodyboard
It’s fun to surf against the chest and face. The performance is elevated highly if you have the Mach 7 Bodyboard.
It is made to be fast, swift, and easier to ride on. Because Mach 7 is a unisex board both men and women can ride on it relentlessly.
- Long Enough: The Mach 7 is 42 inches long and 22 and ¼ inches wide. It is available in variable sizes making it appropriate for people of different ages.
- Pure Strength: This Bodyboard is featured with power rod stringers, giving it ultimate solid strength and speed.
- Durable and Flexible: There is an HDPE slick bottom with channels which adds more value to its robust service.
- Compatibility: It is suitable for riders around 160-180 pounds with a height above 5’9″.
Pros & Cons
11. South Bay Board Co – Razzo Bodyboard
Why should the adults have all the fun? It is time for the kids as well. South Bay Board Co holds the reputation for being one of the most trustworthy and reliable brands for providing surfing accessories.
Their recent Razzo Bodyboard is no exception at all. The slick design is meant to provide the best grip and better control for long-time practice.
- Best Performance: The lightweight EPS core with double stringers makes it ideal for both children and adults with effective performance.
- Beginner Friendly: It is very lightweight and designed with customized orders. These features combine a beginner-friendly shape both for beginners and kids.
- Durable Materials: Made of thick yet soft EVA foam, wooden stringers, resin layers EPS, it is more durable and simple to manage.
- Recommended Weight: It can flexibly maneuver riders with 200 pounds. It is strong and terribly impact resistant.
Pros & Cons
12. BZ T-10 Bodyboard
BZ boards are focused on the ultimate comfort and flexibility of the surfers with all skills. It is available both with a plug and without a plug.
It is the buyer’s choice to choose which type provides them more comfort. Beginners as well as professionals, all can enjoy the peak performance offered by BZ T-10.
- Durable Core: Made of polyethylene or PE, it is a very durable board with a handsome recoiling system.
- Better Control: With a single RCS stringer, BZ T-10 offers improved control, performance, and stiffness.
- Suitable for Any Waves: BZ T-10 is provided with a crescent tail, a tail that is suitable for all wave conditions. It increases the board’s fluidity.
- Better Grip: The high-density PE slick with more channels allows riders to have a firm grip and wide level of control.
Pros & Cons
13. CBC Rider Pro Bodyboard
Everyone is not so lucky with beaches near them. Some have pools and rivers. The CBC Rider Pro is a 42 inches Bodyguard that can be utilized in both pool and beach.
Both children and adults can ride on this board. And I must say, CBC Rider Pro has a wide range of applications.
- Speed and Stability: It is fun and fast with CBC Rider Pro Bodyguard. Solely designed for bodyboarding, it offers a wide range of freedom.
- Improved Buoyancy: The strong EPS core, HDPE slick bottom, and comfortable PE deck offer better and feather-like buoyancy over any kind of wave.
- Better Control: The board is very lightweight and it offers wide control over the entire system due to its premium features.
- Locks Your Body: The crescent tail allows riders to ride smoothly through any kind of waves. It locks your body just perfectly.
Pros & Cons
14. Mach 7-SS Body Board Dual Power BodyBoard
The last product on today’s list; considered the most popular tail design bodyboard. If you are interested in performing spin and tricks, the bodyboard is a suitable option for you.
The bodyboard will work on all wave conditions. Luckily, it’ll increase the bodyboard’s fluidity as there will be less contact with the face of the wave. Now let’s explore a few more features of this bodyboard.
- Polyethylene Deck Skin: The deck is made of premium quality polyethylene which adds durability and makes it appropriate for a big guy.
- Polypropylene Core: The board is designed with a lightweight yet durable polypropylene core. Fortunately, it is 100% hydrophobic which means the board is less likely to absorb water when it is damaged.
- Surlyn: Another amazing addition to the board is the surlyn. It helps the rider in surfing by allowing the board to contort and conform to the curve of the wave.
- Comfort system: The board adapts your belly to body shape and responds quickly to abrupt decisions which makes it more comfortable for the users.
Pros & Cons
Before getting into the next segment we would recommend you another contract if you have interest in the best noserider longboard.
Buying Guide for the Best Bodyboard for Big Guys
It doesn’t mean that you will get the equally perfect performance of whatever board you are buying. While buying the best bodyboard for big guys that suits you the best, you need to consider a few facts.
You simply make sure that the board features suit your needs and other credentials perfectly. Hopefully, you will make a good choice once you follow the factors below.
You just cannot choose a board with any length measurement if you want it to perform the best with you. Remember that the body weight and your height need to be distributed all over the board perfectly.
However, you need to choose a board that goes standard with your height. There are a few ways to get the appropriate length of the bodyboard according to your height.
You just need to stand on the ground holding the board right behind you. Keep it straight on the ground. It must be the size of at least your belly button.
Also, the length shouldn’t exceed the length from the ground to your top knees or chin as well.
Next, you need to check out the width of the board. Just like its length, the width needs to be perfect according to your body structure.
You have to make sure that the width of the board can cope with your body width. You will get more buoyancy if the board is wider enough. So, don’t forget to check it as well.
All the bodyboards come with a specific weight holding capacity. So, you need to make sure that it is going to carry it perfectly.
Generally, boards have more weight tolerance and it is better if they can hold at least a hundred kilograms.
Build quality is everything about its material, durability, and performance. Please go for a better one as it is not a one-time product and you can use it for years.
Besides, if it breaks in the sea while surfing, you can have an accident as well. So, make sure to be careful while checking the best bodyboard for big guys.
Do bodyboards have a maximum weight limit?
Yes, every bodyboard has a certain weight limit. It usually depends on the size of the Board. For example, a 40″ bodyboard can hold around 110-130 lbs. Again, a 42″ bodyboard can hold 150-200 lbs.
Can you stand on a bodyboard?
Yes, you can stand on a bodyboard though it is competitively tougher to perform. However, drop-knee enthusiasts and professional surfers can perform it easily while trimming the wave at a high speed.
What size bodyboard does Mike Stewart ride?
Mike Stewart usually ride a bodyboard of 44-45″
How to choose the right size bodyboard
What is the best bodyboard for a big guy?
The best bodyboard for heavy guys comes with some unique and common features including a good weight capacity, durability, stability, overall size, and others. Follow the guide for more detail
- Best egg surfboards
- Body surfing hand boards
So, we’re here at the end of this post after reviewing the 14 best bodyboard for big guys. After researching a lot we have selected around 20 products and with the consultation of some experts, we found 14 bodyboards appropriate.
Along with the review, we added a few segments including a buyer’s guide. Must follow the part to understand which one of the 14 is the best for you.
Now it’s time to reveal the best board of all. Actually, all the boards we’ve recommended are the best in different ways. However, to mention one certain board I would recommend the “Bo-Toys Lightweight Body Board”