Egg surfboard is one of the most popular types of surfboards and most professionals often found using it. Basically, it’s considered to be the most preferred type of surfboard when it is about the easy surfing fact and the matter of stability. However, if you are new to learning about the best egg surfboards, maybe this content will help.
No doubt that egg surfboards are good in providing enough stability for beginners. This type of board is also good to provide enough maneuverability and speed.
However, first, we’ll learn about the two most popular egg surfboards and then head toward learning about some necessary facts about them. So, stay concentrated if you are interested.
What Is An Egg Surfboard?
Egg Surfboards are a hybrid between long surfboards and short surfboards. They get their name due to their shape and dwarf size for a surfboard.
They have more of an oval shape than a round shape like an egg. Egg surfboards are 6″ to 8.5″ in length, and work smoothly for hardcore surfers.
They offer the same stability as that of the long surfboards with the high performance of the short surfing boards. It is perfect for a seamless transition.
And both the beginners and intermediate surfers are extremely satisfied with the quick and consistent performance of the egg surfboards.
If you are not interested in egg surfboard you can also check out this content – Best body surfing handboards
Best for Stability: Paragon Soft-Top Surfboard
When you are looking for a handy size egg surfboard with more stability and maneuverability, we can assure you that Paragon’s board won’t disappoint you anyway.
Best Full-package Egg Surfboard: South Bay Board Co
This board comes with a complete package including 1 fiberglass rod, 2 wooden stringers, and an impact-netting HDPE plastic bottom deck. So, beginners don’t need to buy anything more for it.
Best for Beginners: SBBC Premium Foam Surfboards
Excellent for beginners who are about to experience the adventure of the surfing world. It is budget-friendly, quality made, and available both for kids and adults.
Best for Beginners and Affordability: Giantex Surfboard Foamie Board
Surfers claim that this surfing board can be a feasible choice for beginners. It is cheap, stylish, and beautiful to begin with. And the service is also astoundingly good.
Best for Professional Surfers: Paragon Performance Soft-Top Surfboard
Paragon always aims for heavy-duty accessories. Their soft-top surfboard is an ideal choice for the professionals It comes on a low budget, yet serves excellently under any weather conditions.
The 5 Best Egg Surfboards Review
There are tons of high-quality egg-shaped surfboards available out there. But we prefer only a few, especially those that are affordable, durable, and come with extra stability.
To check them in short, you can have a glance over the below-listed boards.
1. Paragon Soft-Top Surfboard
Paragon always has a good name and face when it is about the surfboards and surfing equipment. But Paragon’s egg surfboard is their bestseller and got huge fame, especially among the professionals. With high-performance, mini-log features, this board can be your best pick.
If you are a beginner, you would love to try a lightweight board that is sized perfectly. In that case, you will pick this board as it is well-known to be a very lightweight board with a durable structure.
We are sure you will love the appearance of the surfboard as well. It comes with a pastel color and the design is eye-catching too. Moreover, there is a hand-shaped epoxy core that provides more flexibility.
- Measurements: the surfboard comes in the measurement of 7’6 inches in length, 21 and 3/4 inches in width, 2 and 7/8 inches in thickness. The size suits surfers of all ages and types.
- Lightweight: The board weighs only 10.16 Kilograms. But it can hold surfers of up to 220 lbs. The board being lightweight means you will have more weaves and handling the board will be easier.
- Convenient: This board is quite affordable and easy to handle for any surfer. Also, the complete package is convenient.
- Included Fins: With lots of high technology, this board is perfect on all sides, Also, it includes three individual fins, rails, and bottom contour too.
Pros & Cons
2. South Bay Board Surfboard
If you are looking for the best egg surfboard with variations in color and size, we must recommend the Guppy Surfboard by South Bay Board Co. You will have 3 different size variations with 3 different color combinations on this board.
The color combination will make you love the outlook at first sight. The size variations will allow you to find the appropriate one for you. Also, this 8lbs board comes with included soft-top fins and leash.
The Available paddle power and nose rocker will ensure preventing the risk of nose-diving as well. Besides, the fast flat bottom deck will ensure speed even if the waves are very small.
- Dimension: The board comes in 63 inches in length, 24 inches in width, and 5 inches in thickness.
- Good for All Surfers: The size and weight are just perfect for this board. And so, it is good for surfers of any age and type. It can also support surfers of up to 75 lbs.
- Incredible Design and Color Combinations: the board comes with an amazing design. Light blue, pink, and off-white colors come with a white off-set paint stripe design.
- Durable and Sturdy: With EPS closed-cell foam core, 1 fiberglass rod, and 2 wooden stringers, this board will provide you with long-term durability and enough sturdiness.
Pros & Cons
3. South Bay Board Co Premium Foam Surfboards
It is time to experience the professionals. South Bay Premium Foam Surfboards are some amazing surfing accessories you can have. They can be entirely custom-designed and made with premium quality materials.
South Bay Board Co focuses on serving you with the cheapest price but in the best quality. The brand’s primary goal is to ensure your satisfaction completely.
Their Premium Foam Surfboards are available in different sizes with premium quality. They are completely beginner-friendly and come in three different shapes. Both adults and children can use these surfboards.
Moreover, their customer service is incredibly fast and honest. Compared to other shipping services, they have one of the fastest transportation systems all over the world.
- Beginner Friendly: SBBC ensures an enjoyable surfing experience for beginners and kids also. Their patented and ergonomic colorful design makes them perfect for surfers of any age.
- Best Surfboard Near You: The Wax free textures, triple stringer, and bamboo body armor system features some of the best qualities you can find in a surfboard.
- Different Range of Weight: SBBC premium surfboards can host from 180lbs to 15lbs. They have three different dimensions to make it more flexible for people of age and size.
- Easy and Ergonomic Shape: The rounded nose offers additional float and the nose rocker prevents any kind of nose-diving. The chest area is also widened for easy pop-ups.
- Extra Speed and Control: There is a double concave bottom deck present in these surfboards. It offers extra speed and better maneuverability.
Pros & Cons
4. Giantex 6′ Surfboard Surfing Surf Beach Ocean Body Foamie Board
Surf with fashion. Be it, children or adults, enjoy the exquisitely colorful impression on your surfing board. Giantex 6′ Surfboard is something you can’t take your eyes off.
Built to last longer than any regular surfboard, Giantex Surfboard offers robust service and colorful style at the same time. It can easily win the joyful minds of kids and adults at the same time.
Giantex makes sure the sea is always safe for you. Their surfboards are designed in such a way to provide surfers ultimate safety and stability against small or large waves.
It is available in two different colors ( blue and red). And needs a simple assembly before you can finally put it in the sea. Both men and women can magnificently surf on these boards with their ease.
- Tough Construction: Giantex surfboards are made of strong foam on top and thin HDPE high speed on the bottom. This interactive bottom skin is for more speed and strength.
- More Comfort: It is designed with an open leash and transaction pads. These extensions make your surfing experience more comfortable and smooth.
- Flexible Design: The linear buffer design offers more stability against all kinds of sea waves. The fishtail design also makes sure you get more traction from the board. With this design, you get more surface area and better planning with lifting.
- Removable Fins: Fins in this surfing board are removable. You can easily open them and move from one place to another. The fins come detached in the package while you purchase.
- Convenient Size: The Giantex Surfing Board comes in 72″*20″*3″. It is considered ideal both for children, adults, and women also.
Pros & Cons
5. Paragon Surfboards Performance Soft-Top Surfboard
Good things don’t need more explanation. Our Paragons Surfboards have always been on top pick for a reason. Their incredible durability and sturdy service make it one of the primary selections of professional surfers.
Surfing on soft-top surfboards adds more fun to your surfing experience. You can validate this statement by reviewing this beautiful video by the paragon team. Soft tops add more value and performance to your surfing as well.
However, not all surfers will be comfortable with soft tops at first. With regular practice, you can slowly figure out the difference between regular and soft top surfboards.
The latest technique applied in Paragon surfboards makes it super flexible to surf, without wax. These surfboards are more durable and the price is also very reasonable.
- Epoxy Foam: The top foam is made of hand-shaped epoxy foam. Epoxy is commonly known for its strong adhesiveness and elasticity.
- Durability: Don’t get picky when you hear, soft-top surfboard. These surfboards are more durable with high density soon stringer and other premium construction.
- High Performance: Built with premium fiberglass, the Paragon Soft top surfboards accelerate your surfing performance. With this board, there is no stopping you.
- Sturdy and Hardy: This soft top surfboard is best to surf against any kind of sea environment. It is suitable during the summer surfing and under any circumstances.
- Professional’s Choice: Paragon surfboards have always been on the favorite list of professional surfers. The soft top surfing board is no exception at all.
Pros & Cons
Buying Guide for the Best Egg Surfboards
Buying a random egg surfboard doesn’t mean you will have fun riding it. You need to ensure that you have bought the appropriate one for yourself.
The following points will help you learn how to choose the most appropriate modern egg surfboard for anyone.
Differences Between Different Types of Surfboards
No doubt that there are different types of surfboards like fish, egg, mini mals, etc. So, first, you have to think if the egg surfboard is good for your type of surfing. Basically, this type of board is good for intermediate and beginners.
Egg surfboards can be of different size measurements. Checking your weight and height, you need to fix the appropriate size of the board.
For example, if you are 100-140lbs in weight, you will need a board of 6’6” to 6’10” in dimension.
No doubt that when it is about choosing a surfboard, weight matters a lot. Generally, an egg surfboard is from 7 to 25 lbs. So, you have to choose it according to its weight capacity and your preference.
Surfing on the sea is a dashing activity. So, you must love to have a stylish surfboard. That’s why we would recommend you to choose the board with an incredible design so that you will always get motivated to ride it perfectly.
Lastly, it is about how much you have in your pocket. An egg surfboard can be from 75$ to 400$. The cost varies according to its material, size, brands, and design.
So, make sure that you have enough to buy the one you love.
Egg Surfboards Pros and Cons
If you are planning to buy the best egg surfboard, We would like to suggest you first learn about it. In Particular, you need to learn the basic pros and cons of this kind of board.
Pros & Cons of Egg Surfboard
Are egg surfboards good?
Yes, they are a good and unique addition to your collection. However, we wouldn’t call it the best as it won’t be perfect for short and weak waves. But it must be great for beginners and intermediate players.
What waves should I ride my egg surfboard with?
Egg surfboards are the perfect match to ride on mid-size waves. You can also ride on big waves as well with an egg surfboard.
But for the small waves, this kind of board is not appropriate. As the tip of the board is not sharp and has a shape like an egg, it cannot properly deal with the sharp and small waves.
What fin setups work best on egg surfboards?
Triplefin setup is the suggested one for the egg surfboard. Basically, the tip of the egg surfboard is not quite sharp and the width is quite large.
So, three fins can be set up easily on each side of the board. Tri-fins perform to provide more stability and sturdiness as well.
What is the best egg Surfboard?
It’s difficult to suggest any single board but we have already explained 5 top-class products. Have a look at the reviews for more detail.
Still, if you ask for a single one then you should look for the Paragon Performance Surfboard.
Hopefully, you have now no confusion about the best egg surfboards. Already, you have learned about the best two boards and the other details about it. Now, think about this specific type.
Next, check the size and check your budget. If everything is alright, just go grab your first egg surfboard. Don’t forget to inform us about how it works. Here, we take our leave. Thank you for your time.