Whatever type of surfboard you are using doesn’t matter, you cannot protect it from UV light if you don’t use a surfboard wetsuit.
It is eventually mandatory equipment for a surfboard. Many surfers find it difficult to choose the best surfboard for themselves.
And here, we will help you do so with the review of the best surfboard sock. This content will indeed help you choose and find the appropriate surfboard cover.
Make sure to check the small buying guide after the review section. So, be sincere and make sure to protect your beautiful surfboard with the appropriate cover.
8 Best Surfboard Socks Review
Whether it’s a wetsuit or surfboard socks, reviews will always help you to get the right item.
Here, we are reviewing the 8 best Surfboard socks that you will find with different size variations. Make sure to check the size of your board before you buy it.
1. Creatures of Leisure Shortboard Day Use Cover
If you are looking for sustainable surfboard socks, may Creatures of Leisure is the best brand to choose from.
Their Shortboard cover comes with different size and color options. The design is indeed amazing and you will love the texture of the material.
Black and silver are the two different color variations of this shortboard cover. Generally, the material of this cover can surplus air flawlessly so that, your surfboard will be just found inside it.
Also, it is made of a high-end Diamond tech fabric. This kind of fabric is indeed very sustainable and long-lasting.
Besides, the sides of the cover come with proper foam padding. So, it will protect your board from unwanted scratch.
- You will find 5 different size variations from 5.8′ to 7.0′.
- The Diamond tech fabric used to manufacture this bag is very lightweight and quite protective.
- An additional Aero Mesh Ventilation System will keep your board cool inside the bag.
- This board cover also comes with water-resistant features with enough sustainability.
- There is a Marine Grade CORROSION RESISTANT Zippers that won’t be weak or tangled so easily.
Pros & Cons
- 2 years of warranty.
- 5mm closed-cell foam pad.
- Very lightweight and durable.
- Variations in size and color.
- We didn’t find anything particular about its drawback.
2. Ho Stevie! Canvas Surfboard Bag Cover
The next option is from Ho Stevie. And if you are looking for a canvas fabric-made surfboard sock, maybe it is your best pick.
This long-lasting surfboard cover is very lightweight and provides a lot of size variations. So, you can choose the appropriate size for your board.
Additionally, it looks great in the combination of dark gray, green, and black colors. Also, it is very easy to take off and on the board to the cover.
Eventually, it takes only a minute to do that. You can also use it to cover any type of surfboard for sure.
No matter if it’s South Bay, Paragon, or a wave storm surfboard. The best part of this excellent surfboard bag is UV light protection.
If you are using and waxed board, this cover will work as a protection for the wax and won’t let it melt anyway. So, for the surfers who have to be outside for a long, it can be the best option.
- This board cover is available in 7 different size types from 6.0′ to 9.6′.
- It will directly protect your surfboard from UV lights and dings.
- The material is enough sustainable and soft to prevent the wax from melting by the sunray.
- The drawstring closure is the best part of this surfboard cover that won’t make any displacement of the board.
- It is very lightweight and even, it is not more than 1 lb.
- The cover is nicely constructed so, it will be long-lasting and won’t make any scratches on the board.
Pros & Cons
- Easy to use and quick using function.
- Extra protection.
- Affordable and sustainable.
- According to the users, it should be a little bit thicker.
3. Curve Surfboard Bag Day Surfboard Cover
If you are looking for a perfect surfboard cover with amazing build quality, Curve Surfboard Bag Day Surfboard Cover will be different to beat.
This high-end surfboard bag is constructed perfectly. It is eventually quite affordable and long-lasting too.
Like most other board covers, it comes with an amazing outlook with silver and black color. Indeed, it is lightweight and easy to carry.
It can protect your surfboard from sun and UV light too. Additionally, it will watch over the wax layer and never let it get melt.
While most cover comes in the highest 9 ft size, this cover provides different size variations including a 10.2′ one.
So, if you have an extra-large surfboard, it is your must-have. Additionally, it has 3 mm foam padding to prevent scratch.
- Unlike most other surfboard covers, it offers size variations on both lengths and widths.
- It comes with reinforced 600D poly canvas material that is durable and protective.
- Amazing build quality is the best part here and it also contains a shoulder strap too.
- FINSLOT with velcro closure makes it extra protective and easy to use.
- A reflective silver color body will prevent UV light to harm the board.
Pros & Cons
- Offers 2 years of Warranty.
- Good for both longboard and shortboards.
- Multiple size variations and perfect build quality.
- Amazing texture and sustainability.
- It could be a little bit lighter in weight.
4. Culprit Surf Protective Pocket Surfboard Socks
Though the final option is from the brand Culprit, it won’t be the one to destroy your surfboard. Indeed, it will protect your surfboard in many ways.
Culprit Surf Protective Pocket Surfboard Socks comes with a round nose for the surfboards’ tips. It will protect the fin of the board properly.
Unlike most other surfboards, this one provides 5 different color variations. The appearance of all variations with multicolor strips is very nice to look at.
Indeed, the entire cover will give the board an aesthetic look for sure. Additionally, you will have 7 different size variations for this board cover.
This handy product is indeed very much durable and it will take only a minute to take off or take on the cover over the board. Also, you can use this best surfboard sock for different types of boards.
- You will get this bag with 7 size variations from 7.1′ to 10.0′.
- It is quite lightweight, sustainable, and the texture of the canvas material is very much long-lasting.
- There are 2 side fin pockets that e en makes the cover more durable.
- The additional padded foam nose also prevents any types of damage to the board.
- The shock-absorbent terry loop material of this product indeed ensures extra protection.
Pros & Cons
- Different size and color variations.
- Shock-absorbent material
- Excellent build quality and fabric with nice texture.
- Modern design with 3 mm foam pad.
- Some users don’t like the cover as the nose is not pointy.
So, these are the reviews of the best surfboard covers you can get to protect your precious board. We are pretty sure that you will find the most appropriate one for you from the list.
Let’s check out some essential facts you should check while buying the best cover for your surfboard.
5. FCS Stretch Bag
This is the masterpiece from the FCS. The manufacturers of this product kept their eyes on the necessity and their interest in surfboard socks.
Teamed with the best surfing athletes and surfboard makers, they made this exclusive item.
This amazing surfboard sock is available in 5 different sizes, which is the best feature of it. The thick, stretching, and high-quality materials of the sock make it unbeatable.
Plus, it’s suitable for single-board. This sock provides the extra safety you need for your precious surfboard.
Moreover, the surfboard sock saves your other water sports equipment from dust, UV rays, surf wax, and scratches.
It fits snuggly with your surfboard for its stretchiness. It has internal pockets for storage purposes. The sock comes with a built-in pocket for wax storage.
So, you can say goodbye to the surf wax melting on your car seat. For the polyester nose protector, the whole surfboard remains safe. It’s the best solution to keep your surfboard conditions fresh for a long time.
- Color: Carbon
- Size: 6ft
- Materials: 600D Polyester
- The surfboard sock is woven with high quality and thick material. So, it doesn’t have its stretchiness even after long usage.
- It’s suitable for single-board.
- This surfboard has a drawstring closure for easy handling.
Pros & Cons
- It’s stretchable.
- Woven with the highest graded material.
- It fits snuggly with the board and keeps it safe.
- It doesn’t have padding for the nose.
6. Dakine Daylight Surfboard Bag-Noserider
Here comes one of the most impressive products on our list. First, we want to mention that, it’s the most affordable and high-quality surfboard sock you’ll ever find.
Filled with all the impressive characteristics, this one will blow your mind. At first, the product is water and heat-resistance feature of this item.
All thanks to the unique structure. The bag comes with additional surf wax and fin stash pockets and a fin slot. So, you already can understand how efficient this bag is.
This surfboard bag is for a single board and it’s extremely easy to carry for the carrying handle of it. Available in different sizes and colors, you’ll find your favorable size from the size chart.
The sophisticated material makes the bag stable for higher temperatures and resistance to UV rays. However, overall in all ways from looks to features, this bag is incomparable to others.
Plus, in this price range, you’ll never get such a quality surfboard bag like this. You’ll find all of your convenient features in this bag.
- Size: 8’6″
- Color: White
- Materials: Tarpaulin
- This one is a single-board capacity surfboard bag.
- It has a soft comfortable 1/4 inches padded foam shoulder strap. So, your hand will be free and it won’t even slip from your shoulder. Plus, on the shoulder strap, there is a stash pocket.
- This surfboard bag comes with fin & wax stash pockets. Moreover, a YKK coil-zippered fin slot is for convenience.
Pros & Cons
- It’s water and heat resistance.
- It has an anti-slip shoulder strap.
- Available in various sizes and colors.
- The price tag is super reasonable.
- It makes shuffling noise while carrying around.
7. Pro-Lite Surfboard Sock
Another fantastic surfboard sock that can keep your surfboard safe and new for a long time. This beautiful sock protects your surfboard from nasty UV rays and prevents surf wax from melting and making a mess.
Plus, it keeps your other water equipment super fresh. The surfboard bag has high-quality knit that’s an extra advantage for the surfboard.
In addition, there is a nylon fin guard that helps the prevention of fin cuts. It has a drawstring closure, so you can keep your all water equipment in it very securely.
It’ll melt your concern yet prevent melting the surf wax. The appearance of this item is simple but classy. It’s available in versatile sizes and colors.
So, you can choose from them freely. It’ll keep your precious surfboard safe from all dust and scratches. The fabric of this is a sock that is stretchable.
So, there is no chance of this cover ripping or tearing apart. It’s super protective over your surfboard and looks stylish for this classic strip design. Plus, for a reasonable price, customers love this item so much.
- Material: Knitstretch Fabric
- Size: 7’6″
- Color: Flock
- This surfboard sock has internal pockets for surf wax and other storage. It’s more than convenient.
- It has a reinforced nose protector with a solid fit.
- The sock comes with a nylon fin guard that prevents any kind of fin cuts.
- Drawstring closure keeps the surfboard tucked into the sock safely.
Pros & Cons
- Knitted with high-graded materials.
- The sock is fully stretchable.
- It fits completely snuggly to the board.
- This surfboard sock is quite affordable in price.
- It doesn’t have any strap or handles to carry on.
8. Rouge Iron Sports Surfboard Bag
This brand meticulously manufactured this sock with their utmost effort. You can consider it one of the perfect products on our list from all angles.
First, we would love to mention that this sock is available in numerous sizes and colors. So, you’ll have the freedom to choose whatever you want.
The manufacturers made this sock with high-grade materials that’ll safeguard your surfboard from dust, scratches, and UV rays also from all possible dents.
However, we would love to add that, the material is stretchy, so there won’t be any difficulty slipping the board into the sock.
Furthermore, any brand’s surfboard will fit into the sock. The cover is handy and easily foldable.
In addition, it has storage pockets inside of it for keeping small handy tools like keys, hair clips, surf wax, or sunscreen.
This surfboard cover impressed the customers to a large extent and gained extremely fantastic feedback.
It offers you the best value and worths buying. After all, your surfboard gets the ultimate protection from the sock.
- Material: 600D Polyester
- Size: 8′
- Color: White, Blue & Black
- For the stretchable feature, you can slip the board into the cover very easily.
- It protects the board from any dents, UV rays, dirt, dust, and scratches.
- The sock fits in almost all brands’ surfboards.
- There is internal storage for surf wax or any small components.
- The polyester nose guard protects the nose from any scratches or dents.
Pros & Cons
- The material of this sock is super soft and stretchy.
- It fits snuggly to any branded surfboard.
- The price tag is extremely reasonable considering the quality.
- It protects the surfboard from any dents or UV rays.
- It doesn’t have any handle or strap to carry it.
You must know that a surfboard can be of different types and sizes. And so, people often find it difficult to choose the most appropriate surfboard covers.
There are a few things that you should be aware of to find the best surfboard cover. Check out them briefly from the below list.
This is the fact where most surfers make the mistake while buying cover. You should always choose a cover for your surfboard that can wrap the entire board from toe to head.
Indeed, it shouldn’t be too big as the board as well. So, learn the size of your board first and choose the appropriate cover.
The main reason for using a surfboard cover is to protect the board from UV lights and damage. So, the cover material should be protective and strong.
If you leave your board under direct sun for long, the wax layer can melt easily. So, you should buy a cover that can easily protect the board from the ray of the sun.
You must not love to buy a cover for your surfboard every month. So, what you are planning to buy must be durable and have a rich build quality.
For that, we prefer buying a branded one. Products from popular brands are most durable and sustainable. So, they will be long-lasting too.
How easy it is to cover up or open the board with the cover? You should check this fact too. You may not always have a lot of time for that.
So, make sure to buy a cover that is easy to use. Also, it is essential to check if it has a pocket for fins.
Most of the time, we are tense about the quality, how much does a surfboard cost. So, often, it is not possible to buy a cover after buying the board.
Remember that, you can get a surfboard sock from $30 to $400. So, if you have less money, at least buy a cheap one to protect your precious board.
Where to Find
You can find a surfboard cover in any market where surfboards are available. You can also buy it from the online marketplace. But make sure to buy the appropriate size when you will buy it.
So, these are the most essential facts you need to check when you will buy a cover for your surfboard. These facts will help you buy the appropriate one for sure.
Q: What are surfboard socks used for?
Ans: Surfboard socks are mainly used to safeguard your beloved surfboard from UV sunlight, dust, and any potential dents.
Surfboards can get damaged or scratched even after a small hit, so it’s better to get a protective layer on them. That’s what surfboard socks do.
This protective layer keeps your surfboard safe from getting hit by dents or scratched. It keeps your surfboard new and fresh for a longer period.
Q: How do you use a surfboard sock?
Ans: After purchasing the sock, slip the cover through your surfboard. You don’t have to remove the fins and leash for this, as the socks are stretchable.
Take surf wax in the surf pockets. Close the drawstrings at the bottom to protect the tails.
Q: Do surfboard socks work?
Ans: Unlike the cover, the socks work as a cushion for the surfboard. It prevents any possible scratches and damages from any dents.
Plus, it also keeps dust, UV rays, or dirt away from the board. So, surfboard socks work quite well to protect the board.
Q: Can I wash my surfboard sock?
Ans: Yes, surfboard socks are made of premium cotton materials with maximum protection.
As there may be wax or sand stuck in the sock, it’s better to wash the sock after every use. You can wash it normally and later air-dry it.
Q: What if I don’t use surfboard socks?
Ans: The surfboard gets yellow as time passes, it happens because of the UV rays. Heat and sunlight damage the layer of the surfboard which makes the board fragile.
Plus, while carrying the board around you may hit it to anything like dents or bump into anything. It may scratch on your board which will look nasty. So, these will happen if you don’t use a surfboard sock.
Remember that, the best surfboard sock is a mandatory object if you want to use it for long. Whether it is an egg surfboard or fish, you must need a surfboard wetsuit to protect it from external damage and UV light.
That way doesn’t be silly and buy a cover while making sure to use it regularly. Have a nice surfing time on the sea. We love to see you shine and here we say goodbye for today. Thanks for your time.